About this course
Today, we’re surrounded by data. People upload videos, take pictures on their cell phones, text friends, update their Facebook status, leave comments around the web, click on ads, and so forth. Machines, too, are generating and keeping more and more data. To process such large datasets, there is a need for specialized tools.
This course covers two important frameworks Hadoop and Spark, which provide some of the most important tools to carry out enormous big data tasks.The first module of the course will start with the introduction to Big data and soon will advance into big data ecosystem tools and technologies like HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, etc.
In the second module, the course will take you through an introduction to spark and then dive into Scala and Spark concepts like RDD, transformations, actions, persistence and deploying Spark applications. The course also covers Spark Streaming and Kafka, various data formats like JSON, XML, Avro, Parquet and Protocol Buffers.
Great Learning offers multiple Post Graduate Programs in the field of Data Science. You can join India's #1 Ranked data science course and Earn a Postgraduate Certificate in the top-rated Data Science and Business Analytics online course from Great Lakes in collaboration with the University of Texas. We have multiple PG Programs with various university partners such as Northwestern School of Professional Studies, SRM University, PES University. We aim to empower our learners with everything they need to succeed in their careers, resulting in 8000+ successful career transitions.
Check out our Post Graduate Program courses in Data Science Today.
Spark and advanced spark
Hadoop : Master your Big data
- Big data touch
- Getting started: Hadoop
- Hadoop framework : Stepping into Hadoop
- HDFS: What and Why?
- Working on HDFS
- Hadoop 2.x - YARN
- Mapreduce: A Programming paradigm
- Closer look to Map reduce
- Practical approach to Map reduce
- Hadoop 1.x vs Hadoop 2.x
- Hadoop 3.x
Hive: Big data SQL
- Apache hive : Teasing the Honey bee
- Hive illustration : Basics
- Hive Illustration : External tables in hive
- Hive illustration : Loading different file formats
- Hive illustration : Loading data into Hive tables
- Hive illustration : Simple Operations on Hive table
- Hive illustration : Query Operations on Hive table
- Hive illustration : Querying complex structures
- Hive illustration : Views
Spark : Stream and analyze the big data
- Getting started - Spark Basics
- Spark and Hadoop - Face to face
- Spark - Architecture
- RDDs - Building blocks of Spark
- RDDs continued
- Spark Terminologies
- Pyspark - Getting hands dirty
- Spark - MLlib
- Pyspark - Clustering
- Music data - Study the case - 01
- Music data - Study the case - 02
- Music data - Study the case - 03
- Spark streaming and Real time data analytics
- Spark streaming Architecture
- Real-time Data Analysis on Twitter Data : Demo
- Case study - Ad tech - 01
- Case study - Ad tech - 02
Apache Kafka - A distributed streaming platform
- Kafka - What and Where?
- Kafka - Key components_Broker_Producer
- Kafka - Key components_Topics_Partitions
- Kafka - Key components_Consumer_Replicas
- Kafka - APIs and Clusters
- More fun with Kafka
- Zookeeper - Basic principles
- Live Kafka demo with Twitter
- Configure the Spark
- Spark Properties
- Performance Tuning
- Data serialization
- Memory tuning
- Garbage collection
- Memory usage and levels of parallelism
- Data locality and broadcasting
- Job scheduling
- Modes in cluster management
- Dynamic resource allocation
- Decommission of executors
- Application schedule
Yellow Taxi trip analysis using Hive
The NYC taxi trip Analysis project is as elite as it sounds. The dataset is well designed to put your big data skills to the ultimate test. The project will untie your potential to hone as well as master exploratory data analysis on the given dataset. The ultimate aim of the project is to derive the highest possible revenue figures using Hadoop and Hive.
Sentiment Analysis on Twitter in Real Time
With over 500 million tweets wrapped up in 280 words, Twitter is the home to one of the crispest and concisely written content on the web. From space tweets to ( Lebron James’ on chicken nuggets OR Donald Trump’s infamous ‘covfefe’ tweet), it hosts ideas, comments, and sentiments with minimum jargons and more information. This makes it an ideal platform for Sentiment Analysis using Machine Learning. This project will enable you to run analysis on real-time tweet data, derive opinions and understand trends on a gamut of trending topics across the globe, and obtain a riveting visual plot using PySpark
Get Mastering Big Data Analytics course completion certificate from Great learning which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
Great Learning Academy - Free Online Certification Courses
Great Learning Academy, an initiative taken by Great Learning to provide free online courses in various domains, enables professionals and students to learn the most in-demand skills to help them achieve career success.
Great Learning Academy offers free certificate courses with 1000+ hours of content across 100+ courses in various domains such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IT & Software, Cloud Computing, Marketing & Finance, Big Data, and more. It has offered free online courses with certificates to 700,000+ learners from 140 countries. The Great Learning Academy platform allows you to achieve your career aspirations by working on real-world projects, learning in-demand skills, and gaining knowledge from the best free online courses with certificates. Apart from the free courses, it provides video content and live sessions with industry experts as well.