About this course
Data Science is the hottest job of the 21st century with an average salary of 120,000 USD per year. Now, if you want to foray into the world of data science, you need to have good command over statistics..This in-depth course starts from a complete beginner's perspective and introduces you to the various facets of statistics and concepts that are required to solve a variety of data science problems. You will learn how to apply these concepts to business problems.This course will be taught by Dr.Abhinanda Sarkar, Academic Director - Great Learning who has his Ph.D. in Statistics from Stanford University. He has taught applied mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); been on the research staff at IBM; led Quality, Engineering Development, and Analytics functions at General Electric (GE); and has co-founded OmiX Labs.
Statistics for Data Science
- Descriptive statistics
- Understanding distributions and plots
- Univariate statistical plots and usage
- Bivariate and multivariate statistics
- Introduction to probability
- Addition and multiplication rule
- Bayes theorem
- Spam not spam problem using bayes theorem
- Binomial and normal distribution
- Poisson probability function
- Normal distribution function
Get Statistics for Data Science course completion certificate from Great learning which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.