About this course
Hive data upload
Introduction to Apache Hive
- Intro to hive
- Hive demo - basics and internal table
- Hive demo - external table
- Hive demo - loading different file formats
- Hive demo - load data into hive table
- Hive demo - simple operations on hive table
- Hive demo - query operations on hive table
- Hive demo - querying complex structures from a table
- Hive - views
Get Introduction to Apache Hive course completion certificate from Great learning which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Apache Hive is used for reading, writing, and managing large data set files stored directly in HDFS or any other data storage systems such as Apache HBase.
Apache Hive is an open-source data warehouse software.
Data Analysts, Researchers, and Programmers use Apache Hive to read, write, and manage large data sets.
No, Hive needs Hadoop for its functioning.
Hadoop is a framework or software for storing, processing and managing huge data sets. On the other hand, Hive is an SQL based tool that processes data by building over Hadoop.
Hive builds over Hadoop to process large data sets.
Hive is a distributed database and Spark is a framework for data analytics. Both these are different products serving different purposes.
SparkSQL is very slow as compared with Hive-based systems and does not scale in concurrent environments.