Earlier this year, Forbes had declared 2019 to be the year when AI would become mainstream and businesses would be increasingly embracing newer AIML technologies. 2019 indeed emerged as the year when AIML technologies saw soaring success, as top companies worldwide started augmenting these technologies to create groundbreaking products and services across industries. As the year comes to a close, let’s look at the top AIML performances, trends, and success stories to understand the phenomenal journey that these technologies had this year.
AIML was one of the most in-demand skillsets of 2019, with major companies hiring AIML experts globally. Quite naturally, it was one of the top skills sought after by students and professionals alike. Here are some AIML hiring insights from 2019.
Top Profiles AIML Recruited 2019
- Machine Learning Architect: Candidates recruited for this role were required to build scalable machine learning systems and data-driven products for cross-functional teams. Other requisites include expert knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Microsoft, IBM, and Google Cloud Working along with AIML skills Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, and ranking systems.
- Machine Learning Engineer: Professionals in this role created artificial intelligence products for hiring companies. They were also required to build machine learning models and retraining systems that could efficiently self-train. Ideal candidates had exceptional statistical and programming skills apart from data science skills.
- AI Team Leader: Professionals with leadership skills were hired to manage engineering teams working on architecture, developing and augmenting cutting edge AI technology for financial service platforms. Skillset required for this role are Artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing (practical or/and computational linguistics), deep learning (text/vision/speech), reinforcement learning (practical applications).
Candidates were required to handle the entire development cycle of the solution- include, define, implement, test, and debug the system while turning an idea into a working product.
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer: Candidates recruited for this role were responsible for commercialisation of Artificial Intelligence, cognitive computing and Machine Intelligence technologies. Responsibilities include designing and implementing AI applications by applying available cognitive computing APIs and machine learning technologies from both internal and external stakeholders.
- ML Intelligent System Researcher: Researchers were hired to work on topics related to Pervasive Computing/Intelligent Systems. Candidates explored real-life problems to identify challenges and blockers in the path of creating next-generation Machine Learning systems. They were also the firsts to see and use pioneer technologies to solve problems and derive proof of concepts.
- ML Applied Research Scientist: Machine learning experts were hired by companies to extract value from internal data. They led all the processes involved in data collection, cleaning, pre-processing, training models and deploying them for production. This role also demands knowledge of the latest developments and trends of the domain.
Highest AIML Salaries 2019
According to Indeed, the demand of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning professionals rose by 29.01% over the last year. In general, there has been a surge in the demand for AIML talent in 2019 all over the world. This demand is expected to remain constant if not rising. Naturally, the domain has secured some of the highest salaries in the market.
Top Companies Hiring AIML Talent in 2019
Contrary to popular belief, artificial intelligence is creating more jobs than it is taking away – you just need to know where to look for the most lucrative opportunities. Following is a list of the top companies that are hiring the maximum number of artificial intelligence and machine learning professionals. Keep reading to find out which companies are offering the best jobs.
Companies whose hiring AIML Candidates
- Microsoft: With a number of artificial intelligence products (like the Microsoft AI platform) ruling the market, Microsoft has emerged as the top company to hire AIML professionals worldwide. In 2019 alone, the company has hired around 2000 artificial intelligence professionals.
- Google: Google comes a close second in this list. It has several applications which is powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning. It has created around 1000 AIML jobs in the past one year.
- Nvidia: Nvidia has hired around 400 artificial intelligence professionals, making it feature on our list.
- Intel: Intel has hired close to 500 artificial intelligence professionals in the past year.
- SAP: SAP has hired around 400 AIML professionals.