Ethical Hacking is a part of the cybersecurity discipline widely followed by major tech-industry to protect their organization from unethical hacking. Automation has left its trademark on every industry out there, and ethical hacking is no different. With the onset of various ethical hacking tools, the industry has been transformed.
So, if you are willing to learn Ethical Hacking, then you need to use some tools to gather information, cracking passwords, and other activities. Here we have compiled a list of the best Ethical Hacking tools with their descriptions and features.
What are Ethical Hacking Tools?
- Ethical Hacking Tools can detect vulnerabilities in computer systems, servers, web applications, and networks with the help of computer programs and scripts.
- There are several open-source and commercial tools available in the market that are widely used to prevent unauthorized access to a computer system.
Top Ethical Hacking Tools of 2021
1. Nmap Hacking Tool
- Gordon Lyon created an open-source tool called Nmap stands for Network Mapper in the year 1997, mainly used for Network Discovery and Security Auditing.
- Nmap is one of the best scanning tools for Ethical Hacking and supports all major OS such as Windows, Linux and, Mac OS.
Nmap Hacking Tool Feature
- Nmap is used for auditing to identify the target host.
- Hacking tool Identify new servers.
- Query a host for DNS and Subdomain search.
- Find Vulnerabilities on a network and Exploit them.
Using Nmap you can:
- Audit device security.
- Detect open ports on remote hosts.
- Network mapping and enumeration.
- Find vulnerabilities inside any network.
- Launch massive DNS queries against domains and subdomains.
2. Burp Suite Hacking Tool
- Burp Suite was developed by Dafydd Stuttard ( Founder of Portswigger ) widely used to perform security testing on web applications.
- Burp Suite hacking tools contain numerous powerful features which support both manual and automation testing for efficiency and make it highly configurable to even the most experienced testers.
Burp Suite Hacking Tool Features
- HTTP message editor.
- Login Sequence Recorder permits the programmed filtering.
- Survey weakness information with built-in vulnerability management.
- Automate scan and filter.
- Effectively give a wide assortment of specialized and consistent reports.
- Identifies critical vulnerabilities with 100% accuracy.
- Target Analyzer.
- Content Discovery.
- Task Scheduler.
- CSRF PoC Generator.
1. Community edition – Free.
2. Enterprise edition – starts at $3999/ yr.
3. Professional edition- starts at $399/use/yr.
Website: Burp Tool
Netsparker was created by Ferruh Mavituna, Peter Edgeler, and Mark Lane in 2009, is one of the website hacking tools, capable of automatically finding SQL Injection, XSS, and other vulnerabilities.
Features of Netsparker
- Proof-Based Scanning Technology helps in vulnerability detection.
- Netsparker automatically detects custom 404 error pages, URL rules, etc.
- REST API for consistent combination with the SDLC, bug tracking systems, etc.
- Completely flexible solution. Scan 1,000 web applications in just 24 hours.
Price: Not provided by the vendor
- Scans for all variants of SQL Injection, XSS, and 4500+ vulnerabilities.
- Identifies over 1200 WordPress core, theme, and plugin vulnerabilities.
- Fast & Scalable – thousands of pages without interruptions.
- Available On-Premises and as a Cloud solution.
- Integrates with mainstream WAFs and Issue Trackers to help in the SDLC.
Price: Pricing Model – Free trial for 14 days
Metasploit was founded by H. D. Moore which is mainly used for penetration testing
- It is useful for knowing about security vulnerabilities.
- Helps in penetration testing.
- Helps in IDS signature development.
- You can create security testing tools.
1. Open-source tool – Free download.
2. Metasploit Pro is a commercial product- a Free trial available for 14 days.
Aircrack is one of the trustable Ethical Hacking tools which is mainly used for vulnerable wireless connections.
- It can focus on de-authentication, fake access points, etc.
- It supports exporting data to text files.
- It can check Wi-Fi cards and driver capabilities.
- FMS, PTW attacks are used to crack WEP keys.
- Dictionary attacks are used to crack WPA2-PSK.
Ettercap is an Ethical Hacking tool that supports cross-platform which is used for network and host analysis. Ettercap can help you in creating plugins.
- Sniffing of live connections.
- Content filtering.
- Active and passive dissection of many protocols.
- Network and host analysis.
- Allows creation of custom plugins using Ettercap’s API
8. John The Ripper
John the Ripper is developed by the Unix Operating system and this is one of the popular password cracking tools. Most of the Pen testers and Ethical Hackers prefer John to ensure security due to its e ability to auto-detect password hash types.
- John the Ripper is mainly used for testing encrypted passwords.
- It performs dictionary attacks.
- It provides various password crackers in one package.
- It provides a customizable cracker.
Website: John the Ripper
- Gerald Combs, The founder wanted a tool for tracking network problems, so he started writing “Wireshark” (previously known as Ethereal).
This tool helps in analyzing the packets and perform deep inspection of many protocols.
- Wireshark can decompress the gzip files.
- Protocols like IPsec, ISAKMP, etc can be decrypted by Wireshark.
- It can perform live capture and offline analysis.
- Wireshark captures network data using GUI or TTY-mode TShark utility.
10. Angry IP Scanner
This is an open-source and cross-platform Ethical Hacking tool that mainly helps in scanning the IP addresses and ports.
- This is a free and open-source hack tool.
- Random or file in any format.
- Exports results in many formats.
- Extensible with many data fetchers.
- Provides command-line interface.
- No need for Installation.
Website: Angry IP Scanner
With the increase in technology, most of the industry prefers ethical hacking to secure their businesses with the help of Ethical Hacking tools. The above-listed tools are the top 10 ethical hacking tools to look for in 2021.
If you wish to become an ethical hacker and build a promising career in cybersecurity, check our Cyber Security Course offered by Sandford Universities.