It should not come as a surprise that in 2020, video reigns supreme, and it will continue to do so. Off lately, Biteable released an article saying that online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic in 2022, which is 15 times higher than what it was in 2017. No wonder, these numbers say out loud that video marketing is an ideal medium to connect with your audience, but it is not an easy task as it may sound. You will often see marketers brainstorming and conjuring up an image of what they call a PERFECT VIDEO CAMPAIGN as there’s so much competition. If you too are sailing in the same boat, then read on as I am spilling the beans on what makes a video marketing campaign successful one.
Make the most of every second
As per a recent study, one-fifth of the viewers click away from a video within 10 seconds or less. That is why it is essential to make your video short by managing your expectations within the first 5 seconds and bringing the story to life so instantly that it gathers interest as people scroll through their feeds. Always remember that within the first 10 seconds, your video must convey its value and answer all the questions that must be coming to the viewer’s mind.
If you’re still thinking about how to go about it, then mentioned here are some of the ways that can help you to make a mark:
1) Create a short hook: A hook is a quick preview of what exactly is coming in the view. Before launching the video campaign, try to increase the curiosity of viewers by releasing teasers on social media.
2) Upload a Thumbnail: Functional on Youtube and Facebook, Thumbnail is a great way to grab the viewer’s attention and get them excited about your video before it starts playing. Try to incorporate some custom-designed images in your thumbnail and avoid blurry shots.
Wear your creative hat and do some experimentation
Some moments of laughter and enlightenment harms no one! So, do not shy away from experimenting with your videos. More often, you will find yourself coming up with fresh ideas in all areas of your life when you get more into the open mode. Marketers can also think of making videos with no audios as it can certainly boost the effectiveness of your content. To create a silent video, you can add beautiful visuals, text-heavy descriptions, and subtitles. Make your campaign keeping in mind the target audience, if you are too scared to experiment. If the content of the video is something that the target audience would relate to, the communication will never fail, resulting in successful video marketing.
It is all about stories
There are over millions of videos on Youtube, and the number will keep on increasing as you read this blog, which is why making a good video campaign that stands out is of utmost importance. For sure your next question must be: how should I go about it? The best answer to the question is by making a video centred around the story that resonates with the product/service rather than sells it. Make the most of the emotive power of video by appealing to the needs and hidden desires of the customer.
If you are too scared to experiment, then you can place a relevant call to action alongside a tracked URL at the end of your video but make sure that it fits the story.
The best example of the same is the “Choose Beautiful” video campaign of Dove by Ogilvy & Mather Chicago, engaging with an internal narrative that people around the world face every single day.
CTA is a must
CTA (Call to Action) acts as a signpost as it expresses what you want your users to do next which may be to purchase a product, signup for a newsletter, subscribing to a plan, or follow on social media. From a marketer’s point of view, it acts as a motivator to the sales funnel and persuades the viewers to take a leap from intrigued viewer to paying customer. Putting a CTA is essential, but the main challenge lies in convincing them by writing compelling content, its logical placement, and the landing paging (the website where this page leads to). All these considerations can be broken into three main steps: Creating focused content, producing the content, and comparing it with similar CTAs.
To make writing a CTA process an easier one, the following are the tips that you should follow to create a compelling CTA:
- Align your CTA with the goal and make sure that it complements your video.
- Make your CTA verbal, visual, and specific.
- Make sure it is as responsive on your mobile as it is on the website.
- Figure out your target audience and try to write it in their language.
- Try to offer some form of benefit to the customer. Else, your Click Through Rate (CTR) might suffer.
- Avoid adding more than one CTA and if you are doing so, try to incorporate the closest possibles, for example: Like, Share and Comment.
As per a survey by KissMetrics, 20% of viewers bounce from videos that are only one minute long, and 40% of viewers bounce from videos that are two-three minutes long. If you are seeing such trends whereby a chunk of your bounce from your video before they even reach the end, placing a CTA at the beginning of the video and leaving until it ends gives more clicks.
Optimize your video for research
Around 3.5 billion searches per day are performed on Google and YouTube. It means that if you are not optimizing your video content, you could be missing out on a large number of views. You can start this by deriving the maximum SEO value from your video by hosting it on your domain. Oh, and also. Do not forget to enable embedding on your video as it will increase the chances of increasing inbound marketing links.
Here are some of the ways that might help you with showing up on searches:
1) Incorporate keywords in your title: You might have heard about this in content marketing; this is no different. Try to keep your video headline within 66 characters and add the primary keyword. Facebook search is based on various factors, including the number of people who have liked the video and engaged with it.
2) Add video description: In the description, add what the video is all about. Along with the title, you should add keywords in the video description too but do not overdo it.
Read More: How to optimize blog for SEO?
As a marketer, if you are not making the most of the videos in your content marketing strategy, then it is now time to jump on the bandwagon and reap the benefits you deserve. On this note, all the strategies mentioned that you’ve read can help the videos to increase traffic. Apart from these, you can use some tools to take your video marketing strategy, such as Wideo, Viewbix, Viewbix, etc.
Interested in additional video marketing training?
Consider applying for a PG Program in Strategic Digital Marketing. You’ll learn the skills and get the one-on-one mentorship and career coaching you need to land the job you want. Apart from video marketing, the course will cover everything, from the basics of digital marketing, fundamentals of SEO, search and display advertising, social media, basic analytics, video, and more. It is one of the best comprehensive digital marketing programs out there, perfect if you’re looking forward to learning all the nitty-gritty things related to Digital Marketing.1