There is an increase in the number of people who want to study data science. This is mainly due to the increase in the importance of big data. Now businesses require managers who can analyze and understand the implications of the information collected. Data science MBA programs are helpful as it helps the students to gather, sort and understand the implications of the data and then use the data to meet the goals. Due to the increased importance of Big Data, business schools are now offering specializations in MBA in data science. We have compiled a list of 50 data science MBA programs that you can go through before deciding on enrolling in one.
Top Data Science MBA Programs
- NYU Stern School of Business, New York University
- University of Notre Dame-Mendoza College of Business
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- HEC, Paris
- Temple University- Fox School of Business and Management
- Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University
- Georgia Institute of Technology- Scheller College of Business
- Emory University- Goizueta Business School
- NUS Business School, National University of Singapore
- Imperial College Business School
- University of Florida- Warrington College of Business Administration
- Rutgers Business School
- Cornell University- Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
- Boston University- Questrom School of Business
- F. W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College
- Hult International Business School- Europe Campus
- Hult International Business School
- IE Business School
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University Bloomington
- Purdue University-Krannert School of Management
- Hult International Business School- San Francisco Campus
- University of Toronto- Joseph L Rotman School of Management
- City University of New York
- Arizona State University
- York University- Schulich School of Business
- University of Pittsburgh- Joseph M Katz Graduate School of Business
- University of Calgary- Haskayne School of Business
- Southern Methodist University- Cox School of Business
- UNC Charlotte- Belk College of Business
- Nottingham Trent University- Nottingham Business School
- University of Alberta-School of Business
- Queen’s University- The Stephen J. R. Smith School of Business
- McMaster University- DeGroote School of Business
- Drexel University- LeBow College of Business
- Hult International Business School- Shanghai campus
- University of IOWA- Henry B Tippie College of Business
- The University of Texas at Austin-McCombs School of Business
- McGill University- Desautels Faculty of Management
- Amsterdam Business School
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia- International Business School
- The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- MIB Trieste School of Management
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Georgia State University- J Mack Robinson College of Business
- Cardiff Metropolitan University- Cardiff School of Management
- University of Georgia- Terry College of Business
- The University of Buffalo- School of Management
- George Washington University
- Stanford University
Eligibility for Data Science MBA programs
An individual who wants to pursue an MBA in a data science program from any of the top 50 universities needs to keep the eligibility criteria in their mind. The candidate must have completed their bachelor’s in fields related to data science. Completing the bachelor’s in these fields helps you to understand the subjects taught at the MBA level at these educational institutions. If the candidate is from a non-English speaking country, they will have to take the English language proficiency test like IELTS or TOEFL. A minimal GPA of 3.5 or higher is required at the undergraduate level.
A high GRE score is also preferred by some universities. Though this is not compulsory, an MBA in data science means that the candidate must have a strong base in understanding quantitative methods. The scores in the written test are also given equal importance by the universities.
Letters of recommendation and statement of purpose are also required to submit with the application.
Careers after pursuing Data Science MBA programs
Since this is a new profession with many job opportunities, many people are increasingly completing their MBA specializations in this field. Data science experts are required in practically every field. They are not limited to just technology.
They analyze raw data and process the information to find patterns that will benefit a company.
Machine learning engineer
They create data funnels and help to deliver different software solutions. They design and build machine learning systems and also responsibly run tests and experiments.
Machine learning scientist
They research the different approaches to data and algorithms to be used in different adaptive systems.
They track the behavior of applications that are used by businesses and the interaction with the users. They also design the architecture of the applications.
They responsibly align the strategy of the company with the technology to fulfill the objectives of the company.
They provide data solutions that enable good performance and also design analytics applications for different platforms. They also help to improve the functionality and performance of the existing systems.
They check whether the systems of the business are working optimally. They check whether it can support the development of different technologies.
They are responsible for performing batch processing on stored or gathered data. They also build and maintain different data pipelines.
Business intelligence developer
These developers design and develop strategies for assisting business users to find data quickly and make good decisions. They are tech-savvy individuals who use BI tools for a better understanding of the system by the user.
They gather, analyze and interpret the data for understanding the trends to inform the companies for making better decisions. They also communicate the different findings from the data to the stakeholders, advice about different strategies of the company, and so on.
The data analysts are responsible for transforming and manipulating large sets of data to suit the needs of the companies. These individuals also track the web analytics and analyze A/B testing.
Data science MBA programs are much helpful for those individuals who want to pursue a career for themselves in the field of data science. Completing the MBA program will give them an idea about the various aspects of big data and they will be able to deal with it effectively at their workplaces.0