About this session
In this Masterclass, Dr. P K Viswanathan will use Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) to develop a Scoring Model for Predictive Analytics. With this scoring model, Dr. P K Viswanathan will answer the following question:
How to Predict Corporate Insolvency?
Due to the world wide lockdown induced by Corona Virus Pandemic, we are slowly heading towards a massive Economic crisis. During such uncertain times, many professional for-profit organizations are suddenly on the verge of closing down. But how do you predict whether such a drastic thing will actually occur? What tools can you use to answer this question? Attend this highly informative and interactive Masterclass to get the answers to such questions.
About the Speaker
Dr. P K Viswanathan
MSc (Madras), MBA (FMS, Delhi), MS (Manitoba, Canada), PHD (Madras)
Professor of Analytics, Great Lakes Institute of Management
Dr. P K Viswanathan, currently serves as a professor of analytics at Great Lakes Institute of Management. He teaches subjects such as business statistics, operations research, business analytics, predictive analytics, ML analytics, spreadsheet modeling and others. In the industrial tenure spanning over 15 years, he has held senior management positions in Ballarpur Industries (BILT) of the Thapar Group and the JK Industries of the JK Organisation. Apart from executing corporate consultancy assignments, Dr. PK Viswanathan has also designed and conducted training programs for many leading organizations in India. He has degrees in MSc (Madras), MBA (FMS, Delhi), MS (Manitoba, Canada), PHD (Madras).
- Ranked 12th in the "20 Most Prominent Analytics & Data Science Academicians In India: 2018".
- Current Academic Position: Professor of Analytics, Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- Prominent Credentials: He has authored a total of four books, three of which are on Business Statistics and one on Marketing Research published by the British Open University Business School, UK.
- Research Interest: Analytics, ML, AI.
- Patents: He has original research publications exclusively on analytics where he has developed modeling and demonstrated their decision support capabilities. These are: Modelling Credit Default in Microfinance — An Indian Case Study, PK Viswanathan, SK Shanthi, Modelling Asset Allocation and Liability Composition for Indian Banks.
- Teaching Experience: He has been teaching analytics for more than two decades but has been into active and intense teaching since analytics started witnessing a meteoric growth with the advent of R and Python.
- Ph.D. in the application of Operations Research from Madras University.