Dr. P K Viswanathan
Professor, Analytics & Operations
Great Lakes Institute of Management
Dr. P K Viswanathan, currently serves as a professor of analytics at Great Lakes Institute of Management. He teaches subjects such as business statistics, operations research, business analytics, predictive analytics, ML analytics, spreadsheet modeling and others. In the industrial tenure spanning over 15 years, he has held senior management positions in Ballarpur Industries (BILT) of the Thapar Group and the JK Industries of the JK Organisation. Apart from executing corporate consultancy assignments, Dr. PK Viswanathan has also designed and conducted training programs for many leading organizations in India. He has degrees in MSc (Madras), MBA (FMS, Delhi), MS (Manitoba, Canada), PHD (Madras).
- Ranked 12th in the "20 Most Prominent Analytics & Data Science Academicians In India: 2018".
- Current Academic Position: Professor of Analytics, Great Lakes Institute of Management.
- Prominent Credentials: He has authored a total of four books, three of which are on Business Statistics and one on Marketing Research published by the British Open University Business School, UK.
- Research Interest: Analytics, ML, AI.
- Patents: He has original research publications exclusively on analytics where he has developed modeling and demonstrated their decision support capabilities. These are: Modelling Credit Default in Microfinance — An Indian Case Study, PK Viswanathan, SK Shanthi, Modelling Asset Allocation and Liability Composition for Indian Banks.
- Teaching Experience: He has been teaching analytics for more than two decades but has been into active and intense teaching since analytics started witnessing a meteoric growth with the advent of R and Python.
- Ph.D. in the application of Operations Research from Madras University.