About this course
Basics of Java
- What is Java?
- Install Java & Java IDE
- First Java Program
- Variables and Data Types in Java
- Operators in Java
- Flow Control Statements in Java
- Functions in Java
- Arrays in Java
Get Java Programming course completion certificate from Great learning which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
More IT & Software Courses
Java is a high-level object-oriented programming language that is tested, refined, and extended by a community of java professionals and experts. It has constantly evolved over the years and enables high-performance applications on a wide range of computing platforms.
Java enables applications across heterogeneous environments for businesses to improve end-user productivity, better communication and collaboration, and provide more services. It also reduces the cost of ownership of consumer applications and enterprise applications.
The Benefits of Using Java
Java is widely used because of the following benefits:
- Java is very easy to learn as the syntax is similar to the older programming languages C and C++
- It is platform-independent and has its own virtual machine that is capable of converting the code into bytecodes which can run on all java supported platforms
- Java is an object-oriented programming language that is based on objects which are capable to imitate real-world scenarios
- It supports the four pillars of an object-oriented programming language. I.e., Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, and Polymorphism
- It is more secured than other contemporary programming languages
- Java does not support pointers and multiple inheritances as they cause ambiguity and lead the programs to crash
- Java supports threads and therefore can execute multiple tasks simultaneously occupying much less memory
- It uses Just In Time compiler that uses the best of a compiler and an interpreter
What is Java Used For?
Java is used by developers across industries to consistently upgrade their models and remain competitive with modern technology standards. Some of the many areas where Java is used as the primary programming language are:
- Development of server-side applications
- Developing HTML forms, online forums, e-stores, polls, etc.
- Creating customised applications by combining multiple basic applications
- Running software on virtually any java supported platform
- Coding powerful applications for:
- Mobile devices
- Remote processes
- Wireless modules
- Consumer Products, and more
Variables in Java
Variable is the name of the memory area where the information is put away. There are a couple of things that you would need to remember while working with factors in Java.
A variable name should start with a letter, $, or an underscore symbol(_)
The principal letter for the sake of the variable can be trailed by any combination of digits and letters
The variable name ought not to be the same as keywords on the grounds that the watchwords are held for unique purposes.
Variable names are case sensitive
The three types of variables in Java are:
- Local Variables
- Instance Variables
- Static Variables
Data Types in Java
There are various kinds of data that one deal within business applications. To handle them we need various sorts of data types and containers as storage. In java, there are 8 data types:
- byte – size is 1 byte and it holds 0
- int – size is 4 byte and it holds 0
- short – size is 2 byte and it holds 0
- long – size is 8 byte and it holds 0L
- roast – size is 2 byte and it holds '\u0000'
- boolean – size is 1 cycle and it holds false
- skim – size is 4 byte and it holds 0.0f
- twofold – size is 8 byte and it holds 0.0d
There are likewise some non-primitive data types like arrays, classes such as String etc.
Operators in Java
The various kinds of Operators in Java:
- Unary Operators
- Arithmetic Operators
- Shift Operators
- Relational Operators
- Bitwise Operators
- Logical Operators
- Assignment Operators
- Ternary Operators
You will learn more in detail about Variables, Data Types, and Operators in Java when you sign up for Great Learning Academy's Java Programming.
The roles and responsibilities of a Java Developer
A Java developer is expected to perform a set of tasks and to take up certain responsibilities which are as follow:
- Create Program Architecture
The program design is the key factor that gives a general vision of what requirements to achieve from a task. Java developers are needed to introduce this design given the capability they have with Java.
- Requirement Gathering
Prior to taking a shot at a project, a Java developer needs to assemble requirements from those associated with the planning process. This incorporates working intimately with the stakeholders and project managers alongside other java developers. This stage will likewise incorporate prioritising tasks, deciding the extent of work, and settling the course of action.
This is the place where the Java developers will actualize their core abilities, i.e., developing the code, testing, and correcting the code.
As the development gets completed, Java Developers test and debugs them. The objective is to guarantee that all the features fill in as they were planned to.
The deployment stage includes moving the code to a live environment. The code ought to be completely functional before the developers begin to deploy it. The changes that must be done will have to be made in the testing stage. Changes after deployment would require reverting and redeployment.
About The Program
This course is ideal for the individuals who wish to get familiar with the java programming language to seek a vocation in fields like software design. It is a prologue to java and will help the experts who wish to learn Java to improve their aptitudes and shape their career better. The course will cover all parts of Java programming and confer the information on functions, operators, variables, and much more. While you learn java programming, you will increase an excellent comprehension of the essentials. You would likewise be acquainted with arrays, functions, classes, and objects in great detail. You will likewise become more acquainted with the most utilised programming best practices, for example, inheritance, collections in Java, and Object-Oriented Programming Systems.
The course has 3.5 long hours of video content where you will be clarified the different sub-themes in Java. These sub-points are Java establishment and IDEs, How to compose your first Java Program, Variables and Data types in Java, Operators in Java, Flow control statements, Functions, Arrays, OOPS, Inheritance and Collections in Java.
Join with Great Learning Academy today to avail java programming for free.